Upgrading DMP on Virtual I/O Server from 5.1SP1 or later to 6.0.1
This section provides the instructions to upgrade DMP on Virtual I/O Server (VIOS) from 5.1SP1 or later to 6.0.1.
To upgrade DMP on VIOS
- Disable DMP support for the rootvg:
# vxdmpadm native disable vgname=rootvg
Please reboot the system to disable DMP support for LVM
- Reboot the system.
- Shut down all Virtual I/O clients not having a failover capability, and only dependent on the Virtual I/O server being upgraded.
- Log in to the VIO Server partition.
Use the following command to access the non-restricted root shell.
In this procedure, invoke all subsequent commands from the non-restricted shell.
Symantec recommends that you take a backup, in case you want to revert back to the earlier version.
- Unconfigure all virtual devices from all virtual adapters.
# rmdev -p vhost0
- Follow the procedure to upgrade DMP on Virtual I/O Server.
See Upgrading Veritas Dynamic Multi-Pathing with the product installer.
- If required, reconfigure all the virtual target devices from all the virtual adapters.
# cfgmgr -p vhost0
- Enable DMP for rootvg.
# vxdmpadm native enable vgname=rootvg
Please reboot the system to enable DMP support for LVM bootability
- Reboot the system. After the reboot, the system has DMP root support enabled.
- For all the Virtual I/O Servers, repeat the steps 1 through 5.
- Restart all the Virtual I/O clients you had shut down, and verify the configuration.