Uninstalling DMP with the Veritas Web-based installer
This section describes how to uninstall using the Veritas Web-based installer.
After you uninstall the product, you cannot access any file systems you created using the default disk layout Version in DMP 6.0.1 with a previous version of DMP.
To uninstall DMP
- Perform the required steps to save any data that you wish to preserve. For example, take back-ups of configuration files.
- Disable DMP native support, if it is enabled. Run the following command to disable DMP native support
# vxdmpadm settune dmp_native_support=off
- Start the Web-based installer.
See Starting the Veritas Web-based installer.
- On the Select a task and a product page, select from the Task drop-down list.
- Select from the Product drop-down list, and click .
- Indicate the systems on which to uninstall. Enter one or more system names, separated by spaces. Click .
- After the validation completes successfully, click to uninstall DMP on the selected system.
- Reboot the systems if DMP native support is on, and the systems need a reboot to disable DMP native support, if the step 2 is not already executed. Re-run the uninstallation after the reboot.
- If there are any processes running on the target system, the installer stops the processes. Click .
- After the installer stops the processes, the installer removes the products from the specified system.
- After the uninstall completes, the installer displays the location of the summary, response, and log files. If required, view the files to confirm the status of the removal.
- Click .
Most filesets have kernel components. In order to ensure their complete removal, a system reboot is recommended after all the filesets have been removed.